Junior Civil/Municipal Engineer
Junior Civil/Municipal Engineer
CBCL is seeking a Junior Civil/Municipal Engineer to join our team in the Saint John office to assist in delivery of projects including water distribution, wastewater collection and pumping, storm water management, industrial and commercial developments, marine infrastructure, airports, roadway construction, and residential subdivisions.
- Carry out data collection activities including topographic survey and infrastructure investigations;
- Assist in the development of conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs and drawings for the full range of civil/municipal infrastructure including water distribution, sanitary sewer collection systems, pump stations, stormwater management, roadway systems, etc.
- Support the day-to-day activities of projects from inception through engineering, construction and contract administration; and
- Prepare technical reports and cost estimates.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have earned a Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Be registered or have the ability to register as a Member-in-Training with APEGNB;
- Have an interest in municipal and heavy civil construction projects;
- Knowledge of MS Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, InfraWorks, SketchUp and ArcMap would be an asset;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills;
- Have the ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment;
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects;
- Be available to work overtime, from time to time;
- Have a valid Driver’s License and be willing to travel occasionally.
WHAT CBCL CAN OFFER:
- An attractive benefits package with compensation that is commensurate with experience;
- A challenging and rewarding work environment;
- Health, branding and volunteering incentives;
- Employee Family Assistance Program;
- Education and professional membership dues subsidization.
CBCL operates from its nine Canadian offices located in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Dieppe, NB; St. John's, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL and Ottawa, ON.
CBCL Limited is committed to employment equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is represented at all job levels.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.
Established in 1955 and now with over 360 employees, CBCL Limited is a 100% employee-owned firm offering a full range of engineering, environmental, and geotechnical consulting services. CBCL Limited is based in Halifax, NS with offices located across Atlantic Canada and Ontario. We are proud of our inclusive corporate culture and seek to build long term relationships with our clients while providing innovative effective solutions. We have earned recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, one of Nova Scotia’s Top Employers, as well as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide professional consulting services in a number of sectors, including Municipal Services, Water & Wastewater, Buildings, Industry & Manufacturing, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Marine, Transportation & Bridges, Environmental Science, Geotechnical and Materials Testing.