Senior Electrical Engineer – Buildings
CBCL is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Electrical team in Halifax! Help us shape our work environment and our culture by working collaboratively with other design and construction professionals on challenging and exciting building projects, as part of our thriving Halifax Office. Through all stages of the building design process, let your passion for green building principals shine through by delivering exceptional results for our clients.
Senior Electrical Engineer – Buildings
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- An attractive benefits package with compensation that is commensurate with experience;
- Healthy living, branding, and volunteering incentives;
- Employee Family Assistance Program;
- Education and professional membership dues subsidization;
- Support for involvement in professional societies and organizations;
- Mentorship opportunities;
- Employee referral program;
- A challenging and rewarding work environment;
- Employee Ownership Potential.
YOUR ROLE WITH CBCL
As our ideal candidate, you have expertise with designing low voltage distribution, interior and exterior lighting, fire alarm, security, and structured wiring systems. You’re a motivated self-starter, who’s excited to participate with an established team of professional engineers and technologists in developing innovative multidisciplinary building design solutions, with an emphasis on client satisfaction and green building design practices.
Specifically, you will:
- Design and prepare contract documents for the following systems: lighting & lighting controls, medium and low voltage power distribution, telecommunications, fire alarm, security, and special systems;
- Coordinate design support staff across multiple disciplines;
- Manage projects to meet budget and deliverables;
- Report Project progress to CBCL Management and/or Project Managers;
- Meet and liaise with clients;
- Provide input into construction cost estimates;
- Assist in the development of proposals;
- Perform Construction administration and field reviews;
- Conduct document development, planning, and/or execution of commissioning and start-up activities;
- Participate in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Studies;
- Prepare technical RFQ documents, technical review of bid submissions, and review of vendor documentation following award;
- Coordinate and work with project team members in various branch offices or project sites in Canada and abroad;
- Assure that all work on assigned projects is timely, within budget, accurate, and in-line with corporate and/or project specific quality and safety objectives;
- Organize, plan, schedule and coordinate own work and that of team members;
- Participate in the design, construction administration, and/or commissioning of Health care facilities including Public Private Partnerships (PPP), acute care facilities, long-term care facilities and primary care facilities.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER US
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada with eligibility for registration with Engineers NS;
- ·Minimum of ten (10) years experience in the design of electrical systems for commercial and industrial buildings;
- Additional professional accreditations such as PMP, RCDD, LC, LEED AP, CTS, CEM, etc. would be considered an asset;
- Familiarity with AutoCAD;
- Excellent working knowledge of Revit;
- Experience with AGi32 lighting simulation software;
- Experience with ElumTools would be considered an asset;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members, other design disciplines, and the public at large;
- Detail oriented, organized, hardworking, with a team player attitude;
- Performs well under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Valid driver’s license and be able to travel to job sites within Atlantic Canada.
Established in 1955 and now with over 360 employees, CBCL Limited is a 100% employee-owned firm offering a full range of engineering, environmental, and geotechnical consulting services. CBCL Limited is based in Halifax, NS with offices located across Atlantic Canada and Ontario. We are proud of our inclusive corporate culture and seek to build long term relationships with our clients while providing innovative effective solutions. We have earned recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, one of Nova Scotia’s Top Employers, as well as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide professional consulting services in a number of sectors, including Municipal Services, Water & Wastewater, Buildings, Industry & Manufacturing, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Marine, Transportation & Bridges, Environmental Science, Geotechnical and Materials Testing.