The following position is open in our Halifax, NS office for individuals looking for a challenging opportunity to develop a career within our dynamic consulting practice.
CBCL is looking to add a Civil/Mechanical Designer to our Municipal Group in our Halifax office. In this role you will report to Manager of Municipal Engineering and work with Senior Engineers and designers in the design of infrastructure projects such as pump stations, booster stations, force mains, transmission mains and other infrastructure related projects. You will take on a technical leadership role in this position and direct a multi-disciplinary team of civil, mechanical, structural and electrical engineers. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in Atlantic Canada and Internationally.
In this position you will be involved in all aspects of pumping infrastructure design. You could assist in some or all of the following areas:
- Reviewing existing conditions and capacities;
- Providing hydraulic design services such as pump sizing, transient analysis, pipe sizing, etc.;
- Assisting the electrical Engineers in defining hazardous spaces for wastewater pump stations;
- Directing the production of drawings and specifications;
- Providing construction oversight and commissioning;
- Performing coordination reviews; and
- Providing direction to civil, structural,
electrical, building mechanical, and disciplines
in the development of design document
If you are a CET or P.Eng that is interested in learning more about this opportunity we want to hear from you!
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
What CBCL Can Offer
- An attractive benefits package with compensation that is commensurate with experience;
- A challenging and rewarding work environment;
- Health, branding and volunteering incentives;
- Employee Family Assistance Program;
- Education and professional membership dues subsidization.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.
CBCL was established in 1955 and now with over 350 employees, CBCL operates from its Canadian offices located in Halifax (Head office) and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; and St. John’s, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL and Ottawa, ON. CBCL Limited is a 100% employee-owned firm offering a full range of engineering, environmental, and geotechnical consulting services including Municipal Services, Geotechnical, Water & Wastewater, Buildings, Industry & Manufacturing, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Marine, Transportation & Bridges, Environmental Science, Geotechnical Engineering and Materials Testing. We are a forward-looking and inclusive company: we embrace the values of change and are flexible to accommodate new talent and ideas.