Diversity and Engagement Advisor
The following position is open in our Halifax, NS office for individuals looking for a challenging opportunity to develop a career within our dynamic consulting practice.
Diversity and Engagement Advisor
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Diversity and Engagement Advisor will guide the development of CBCL’s Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Employee Engagement strategies and will provide advice, support and expertise to the Company in achieving its EDI and Engagement related goals.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with CBCL EDI committee, advance our work to date in the development of a comprehensive strategy to improve inclusion and equity, as well as the successful building of a diverse team. Clearly identify the goals and strategies required to meet organizational priorities related to equity and diversity and fostering a sense of belonging;
- Enhance company culture by ensuring the Company’s commitment to EDI is integrated into business processes and programs, including hiring, development, retention, promotions, compensation, customer-focused initiatives, and community relations efforts;
- Support the review and enhancement of processes to increase the attraction and retention of underrepresented groups;
- Be responsible for the Company’s Federal Employment Equity program;
- In conjunction with the EDI committee, support the development of strategic relationships and partnerships with external community groups and organizations to further the Company’s EDI goals;
- Research, create and deliver EDI programs, with a focus on education & awareness, process re-engineering, employee engagement and measurement;
- Act as an internal subject-matter-expert on EDI and engagement trends and data;
- Track and report on relevant metrics to ensure the Company is making clear progress and implement solutions when progress stalls;
- Support the development and execution of employee engagement programs/projects (Performance Management, Recognition & Rewards, Employer Branding etc.);
- Identify leading trends and best practices for designing employee engagement programs across the organization;
in and liaise with the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Advisory Support (IDEAS)
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Hold a degree, or diploma in a related field and/or have equivalent professional work experience;
- Proven work experience as an HR team member or leader (8+ years);
- Possess deep knowledge of and experience in HR functions;
- Have knowledge of labour legislation (multi-provincial is an asset);
- Experience with EDI legislation and policies, including firsthand knowledge of best practices with a track record of championing and implementing successful initiatives;
- Demonstrate proven experience contributing to the advancement of EDI, either at the organizational or community level;
- Have direct experience and track record of success with the integration of diversity and inclusion strategies with HR processes and business operations;
- Possess deep expertise and connection with diverse communities;
- Have the ability to inspire others to persist & strive for excellence, take measured risks & participate with enthusiasm during periods of complexity and/or change;
- Have experience with working with employee led volunteer committees;
- Have a passion for developing strategies to keep people engaged in their workplace;
- Possess previous knowledge and involvement in the creation and implementation of employee engagement activities/programs over multiple office locations;
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation/mediation skills, with a strong emphasis on networking and outreach;
- Have a desire to learn from others with an ability to build awareness in others.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
What CBCL Can Offer
- An attractive benefits package with compensation that is commensurate with experience;
- A challenging and rewarding work environment;
- Health, branding and volunteering incentives;
- Employee Family Assistance Program;
- Education and professional membership dues subsidization.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.
CBCL was established in 1955 and now with over 350 employees, CBCL operates from its Canadian offices located in Halifax (Head office) and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; and St. John’s, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL and Ottawa, ON. CBCL Limited is a 100% employee-owned firm offering a full range of engineering, environmental, and geotechnical consulting services including Municipal Services, Geotechnical, Water & Wastewater, Buildings, Industry & Manufacturing, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Marine, Transportation & Bridges, Environmental Science, Geotechnical Engineering and Materials Testing. We are a forward-looking and inclusive company: we embrace the values of change and are flexible to accommodate new talent and ideas.