Structural Bridge Engineer
The following position is open in our Halifax, NS office for individuals looking for a challenging opportunity to develop a career within our dynamic consulting practice.
Structural Bridge Engineer
CBCL is looking to hire a Structural Bridge Engineer with significant experience in the design, inspection, rehabilitation and construction of bridge structures. Consideration will also be given to Intermediate Structural Engineers demonstrating a similar specialization. The successful candidate will join a team that takes pride in their ability to work together to develop innovative solutions to engineering challenges.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Registration or eligibility for registration with Engineers Nova Scotia;
- Not less than ten years (senior) or five years (intermediate) relevant experience;
- Thorough knowledge of current design codes of practice, CHBDC (CAN/CSA S6-19); familiarity with US and/or European codes would be an advantage;
- Bridge inspection experience with a strong understanding of material conditions and defects. Experience with multiple inspection methodologies considered an asset;
- The ability to work well with drafting personnel;
- Interest and willingness to mentor and effectively develop the skills of Junior Engineers and Technologists;
- The ability to lead the design on a bridge project from conception to construction;
- Strong analytical and computer modeling skills (LUSAS Bridge preferred);
- Familiarity with both concrete and steel bridge design, in the short and medium span range;
- An appreciation for considering construction during design;
- Ability to effectively represent the company at the client level;
- An understanding of commitment required to meet project schedules and budgets;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write effective reports and proposals.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
What CBCL Can Offer
- An attractive benefits package with compensation that is commensurate with experience;
- A challenging and rewarding work environment;
- Health, branding and volunteering incentives;
- Employee Family Assistance Program;
- Education and professional membership dues subsidization.
CBCL was established in 1955 and now with over 350 employees, CBCL operates from its Canadian offices located in Halifax (Head office) and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; and St. John’s, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL and Ottawa, ON. CBCL Limited is a 100% employee-owned firm offering a full range of engineering, environmental, and geotechnical consulting services including Municipal Services, Geotechnical, Water & Wastewater, Buildings, Industry & Manufacturing, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Marine, Transportation & Bridges, Environmental Science, Geotechnical Engineering and Materials Testing. We are a forward-looking and inclusive company: we embrace the values of change and are flexible to accommodate new talent and ideas.