Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Conquest Engineering Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CBCL Limited; we specialize in geotechnical and materials engineering consulting in Atlantic Canada. From our beginnings in 2003 we have grown to become a leading regional provider of these engineering services to the commercial, institutional, heavy industrial, transportation, municipal infrastructure, utilities and large residential sectors. We deliver sound engineering solutions to our customers through innovation and by applying best practices.
Our services include:
- Geotechnical investigations;
- Geotechnical engineering design;
- Concrete technology and materials engineering design;
- Consultation during tendering;
- Construction monitoring and on-site engineering assistance during construction;
- Construction Quality Assurance/Quality Control;
- Materials testing of soil, concrete, asphalt and construction aggregates.
Our testing laboratories are certified to CSA Standard A283 through the Canadian Council of independent Laboratories (CCIL) and are all equipped for soils, concrete, and asphalt testing.
Conquest Engineering Ltd. is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to lead our engineering team in Sydney, NS. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of interesting and important projects with diverse soil and rock conditions, in one of Atlantic Canada’s most progressive cities.
As a Senior Engineer, you will take a lead role in managing and overseeing the Geotechnical practice and provide leadership to a team of engineers and technical staff. This will include managing, conducting and reviewing geotechnical investigations, analyses, designs and reports, as well as preparing proposals, aiding in retention of long-term clients and building/maintaining new business opportunities. The work will involve guiding internal team members and coordinating work with clients.
- We’re interested in candidates with an undergraduate or a Master’s degree in Civil (Geotechnical/materials) or Geological Engineering from an accredited university, and ten (10) years’ of relevant work experience since graduation. The position requires a keen interest in:
- growing Conquest Engineering as a company;
- geotechnical, materials, and geological engineering;
- strong technical, organizational and project management skills;
- proficient in client management;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Conquest Engineering Ltd. and CBCL Limited are equal opportunity employers.
Established in 1955 and now with over 360 employees, CBCL Limited operates from its nine Canadian offices located in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; St. John's, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL, and Ottawa, ON.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.
CBCL was established in 1955 and now with over 350 employees, CBCL operates from its Canadian offices located in Halifax (Head office) and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; and St. John’s, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL and Ottawa, ON. CBCL Limited is a 100% employee-owned firm offering a full range of engineering, environmental, and geotechnical consulting services including Municipal Services, Geotechnical, Water & Wastewater, Buildings, Industry & Manufacturing, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Marine, Transportation & Bridges, Environmental Science, Geotechnical Engineering and Materials Testing. We are a forward-looking and inclusive company: we embrace the values of change and are flexible to accommodate new talent and ideas.